The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

A man from San Antonio, Texas died last year after his 1994 Ford Mercury Marquis caught fire in his garage. The fire spread to his house and killed him. The fire started in the engine compartment of the car, and it is believed that it was caused by a faulty switch in the engine. Ford had previously recalled defective switches but there was no recall for the 1994 Mercury Marquis.

The Ford recall affected 7 million switches in cars that were models later than the 1994 Mercury Marquis. The lawsuit claims that more than 16 million cars still have defective switches that have never been recalled. Ford, however, has not recalled the switch at this time but is doing testing.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest