The latest reports show over 700 people came down with salmonella after eating at Pars Cove’s booth at Taste of Chicago. This number has nearly doubled from the original reports. Of the reports, it is estimated that 31 people had to be hospitalized. It is believed the shirazi salad from Pars Cove is the cause of the outbreak.
City food inspectors review food at each booth at least four times every day the Taste of Chicago is open, however, it seems the contamination at the Pars Cove restaurant somehow slipped passed them. Salmonella can cause severe illness and be life threatening. Some of the symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea, stomach cramping and fever. Anyone that had these or other salmonella symptoms after eating at the Pars Cove booth should contact an attorney immediately to learn about what legal action may be taken against Pars Cove.
For more information on this subject, please refer to our section on Defective and Dangerous Products.